- Professor Kingshook Biswas was elected Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences in 2009.
- Professor Kingshook Biswas has won the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Medal for Young Scientists for the year 2011. The medal was started in 1974 to encourage talented young scientists in the country. Under this scheme recognition is accorded to a small number of talented scientists below the age of 35 years.
- Professor Mahan Mj won the S.S. Bhatnagar Award for Mathematical Sciences for the year 2011. (*)
- Professor Mahan Mj was elected Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences in 2012. (*)
- Prof Mahan Mj has been awarded the J. C. Bose fellowship of the Department of Science and Technology, 2015 (*)
(*) These distinctions/awards/honours were conferred on Mahan Mj when he was part of our Mathematics faculty. However, he resigned as Professor from RKMVERI w.e.f. 20 November 2015 and is presently Professor of Mathematics at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Indo-French CEFIPRA Project 4301-1, 2010-13, on “Geometric and Analytical aspects of Kleinian Groups”, by Mahan Mj and Kingshook Biswas, worth Rs 54 lakhs, jointly with Profs. Jean-Pierre Otal and Cyril Lecuire of Univ. Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) Project DyNo. 100/IFD/8347/2008-2009, 2009-12, on “Geometry and Dynamics”, by Mahan Mj and Kingshook Biswas, worth Rs 19 lakhs
- UGC Major Research Project, 2007-10, on “Local Connectivity of Limit Sets”, by Mahan Mj, worth Rs 5.75 lakhs