MSc Mathematics Admissions – 2018
Applications are invited for admission to MSc in Mathematics Programme. At present this course is available at the University’s Belur Main Campus.
- Entrance Examination
- Date & Time
- Issue of Application Form
- Application Form & Admit Card
- Submission of Application Form
- Fee Structure
- Hostel Facilities
BSc(Hons) in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics or BMath/ BStat/ BE/ BTech to be completed by the end of the academic year in which the student appears for the examination. Students who have secured 60% or more (in honours subjects) till the end of their penultimate year of undergraduate studies may appear for the written examination. There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
The entrance examination will be held at the Belur Main campus of the University. Syllabus for Entrance Examination: Undergraduate level Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research InstituteBelur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math),PO Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Date and Time :
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis, W. Rudin, TMH
- Mathematical Analysis, T. M. Apostol, Narosa
- Real Analysis, S. K. Mapa
- Topics in Algebra, I. N. Herstein, J. Wiley
- Abstract Algebra, D. S. Dummitt and R. M. Foote, J. Wiley
- Linear Algebra, K. Hoffman and R. Kunze, PHI
- Higher Algebra, S. K. Mapa
Issue of Application Forms
Application forms can be collected free of charge from RKMVERI office at Belur Main Campus in person from 1st February 2018 to 19th March 2018 during the office hours (from 10 am to 5 pm).
Application form and Admit Card are also available online for download as given below.
Photocopies of this form or copies of forms downloaded from RKMVERI website are acceptable.
The Admit Card with self attested photograph must be retained by the candidate and should be produced at the time of the entrance examination. DO NOT send/submit the admit card with the application form.
Submission of Application Forms
Application forms completed in all respects should be submitted on or before 19th March 2018 either in person at RKMVERI Office in Belur Main Campus (office hours: 10 am to 5 pm) or sent by post to the address given below.
At the time of submission of completed applications, a fee of Rs. 300/- should be paid in cash if the submission is in person. If sent by post, the application should be accompanied by a Demand Draft for Rs. 300/- drawn in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Howrah’ payable at Belur Math, Howrah, preferably at UBI or SBI. Please write on the top of the envelope containing the application form: MSc Mathematics Admission 2018.
RegistrarRamakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research InstituteBelur Math, Howrah 711202West Bengal
Please write on the envelope: MSc Mathematics Admission Form.
The application form should reach us on or before 19th March 2018.
Date for publishing the results for entrance exam, and interview dates for those who qualify will be announced on the day of examination.
- Admission-cum-Registration Fee (one time): Rs. 5000/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 6000/- per Semester
- Examination Fee: Rs. 1000/- per Semester
- Identity Card: Rs. 50/-
- Caution Deposit (refundable on completion of the course after deduction for damages, etc, if any): Rs. 2000/-
Fees payable at the time of admission: Rs. (5000+6000+1000+50+2000) = Rs. 14050/-
Fees payable during each subsequent semester (2nd, 3rd, and 4th): Rs. (6000+1000) = Rs. 7000/-
Fees can be paid either by
- Online Bank transfer (NEFT): After successful online payment please submit the UTR Number ( or transaction number) to the Account Dept at Medha Bhavan.
- By drawing a Demand Draft in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Howrah’ payable at Belur Math, Howrah, preferably at UBI or SBI.
Limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel attached to the Belur Main campus. Students requiring admission to hostel have to apply separately.
The fee structure is as given below:
- Hostel admission fees (one time): Rs 500/-
- Per month Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/-
- Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs 5000/-
- Monthly meal charges (variable as per the mess system) will be informed during admission.
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.