MSc Mathematics Admissions – 2019
Applications are invited for admission to MSc in Mathematics Programme. At present this course is available at the University’s Belur Main Campus.
- Entrance Examination
- Date & Time
- Issue of Application Form
- Application Form & Admit Card
- Submission of Application Form
- Fee Structure
- Hostel Facilities
BSc(Hons) in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics or BMath/ BStat/ BE/ BTech to be completed by the end of the academic year in which the student appears for the examination. Students who have secured 60% or more (in honours subjects) till the end of their penultimate year of undergraduate studies may appear for the written examination. There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
The entrance examination will be held at the Belur Main campus of the University. Syllabus for Entrance Examination: Undergraduate level Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research InstituteBelur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math),PO Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Date and Time : 6th April 2019, 2:00 pm
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis, W. Rudin, TMH
- Mathematical Analysis, T. M. Apostol, Narosa
- Real Analysis, S. K. Mapa
- Topics in Algebra, I. N. Herstein, J. Wiley
- Abstract Algebra, D. S. Dummitt and R. M. Foote, J. Wiley
- Linear Algebra, K. Hoffman and R. Kunze, PHI
- Higher Algebra, S. K. Mapa
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
(While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.)
Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
Last date to apply online : 4th April, 2019
Date for publishing the results for entrance exam, and interview dates for those who qualify will be announced on the day of examination.
- Admission-cum-Registration Fee (one time): Rs. 5000/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 6000/- per Semester
- Examination Fee: Rs. 1000/- per Semester
- Identity Card: Rs. 50/-
- Convenience Fee : Rs. 200/-
- Caution Deposit (refundable on completion of the course after deduction for damages, etc, if any): Rs. 2000/-
Fees payable at the time of admission: Rs. (5000+6000+1000+50+200+2000) = Rs. 14250/-
Fees payable during each subsequent semester (2nd, 3rd, and 4th): Rs. 6000+1000+100 (Convenience Fee) = Rs. 7100/-
Limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel attached to the Belur Main campus. Students requiring admission to hostel have to apply separately.
The fee structure is as given below:
- Hostel admission fees (one time): Rs 500/-
- Per month Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/-
- Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs 5000/-
- Monthly meal charges (variable as per the mess system) will be informed during admission.
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.