Instructions for taking Admission:
Last date to take admission: 19th September 2020 (within 4 PM)
Online admission process will start immediately and continue up to 19th September 2020 (up to 4 PM). Selected candidates should get admitted by paying the requisite fees.
Pay the admission fee online : Those getting admitted will have to pay the admission fee in the online mode. Link to pay online is given on the Application Status page in the Online Application Portal (click to goto portal). Once you make online payment, Fee receipt will be available in the same page for download.
Note: A Convenience fee of about 1.2% will be charged extra as online payment charges.
The last date of provisional admission, namely, 19th September 2020 (within 4 PM) for paying the above requisite fees through the online Portal will be strictly adhered to. Candidates failing to take admission by this deadline will forfeit their admission automatically and thus lose their chance of getting admitted. The vacant seat will then be allotted to the candidates in the Waiting List in order of merit.
For Candidates in the Wait-list : In case of any vacancy, candidates in the Waiting list will be informed according to the merit in the Waiting List on 21st September 2020 from 10.30 AM onwards.
Candidates in the Waiting List should therefore be available on their Mobile phone (provided by them in the application form) on 21st September 2020 and will be informed about their chances of admission. They should be ready with their decision whether they would take the admission or not. If they are interested in taking admission, they should do so by paying the requisite fees preferably within the same day, but certainly not later than 22nd September 2020 (within 1 PM), failing which the seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the Waiting List in order of merit.
Documents to be submitted at the time of online admission :
- Admission-cum-Registration form (filled)
- Certificate and Marksheet of Madhyamik Examination (Class 10) and Higher Secondary (Class 12/plus two) or equivalent examination;
- Marksheet of B.Sc. final examination (or up to the exam so far held for those who have not yet received the results of the final exam, which they should submit as soon as their results are out);
- SC/ST/OBC certificate (if applicable);
- Migration Certificate (if immediately available, or later when available);
- Medical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner (submit it if immediately available, or later when the face-to-face real mode of classes begin);
- Copy of Aadhaar card
Download the Admission-cum-Registration form, duly fill it and sign it, take a soft-copy of this and email it to admission office () along with the soft-copies of all the applicable documents/certificates mentioned.
Note: Remember to mention your name, Application No. and the `programme applied for’ in the email. email subject line should be : Admission for MSc in Mathematics – 2020-21
Submission of all applicable documents/certificates along with admission fee payment should be completed by 19th September 2020 (within 4 PM).
Candidates should bring all these certificates in original for verification whenever circumstances become favourable for their attending classes in the face-to-face real mode. Until then their admission will be considered provisional only. Students must show that they have secured 60% or more (in honours subjects) in their undergraduate studies after the final exam results are out. There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
Classes will begin in the online mode from 24 September 2020 (Thursday) and continue online till the circumstances become favourable for face-to-face real mode of classes. Admitted students will be given all necessary instructions before the beginning of the classes by the respective Departments.
Students are expected to attend online classes from the very first day and those failing to attend classes during the first three days without prior permission will run the risk of cancellation of their admission.
Admission for the Academic session starting July-2020
IMPORTANT NOTE: The written test for admission took place on Sunday 23 August 2020. Please see Entrance Examination section below for details.
1) The Entrance Exam question paper will be uploaded on this webpage (here).
2) The question paper will be available by 10 AM, 23 August 2020.
3) Students will need to write the answers on paper.
4) Then they will have to take photos/scan of all the sheets and prepare a single PDF document of their answer-script.
5) The PDF-file should be named with the applicants name with application id: name-application-id.pdf
6) The name and application-id must be mentioned in the first page of the answer script. Also applicant should put her/his signature on every page of the answer script.
7) The PDF file should be sent as an email attachment to our email-id before 2 PM on the same day (23 August 2020 ).
Selected applicants will be called for an online interview at a later date. The applicants are requested to follow the website for updates.
Syllabus for Entrance Examination: Undergraduate level Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus.
Reference books for Entrance Exam:
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis, W. Rudin, TMH
- Mathematical Analysis, T. M. Apostol, Narosa
- Real Analysis, S. K. Mapa
- Topics in Algebra, I. N. Herstein, J. Wiley
- Abstract Algebra, D. S. Dummitt and R. M. Foote, J. Wiley
- Linear Algebra, K. Hoffman and R. Kunze, PHI
- Higher Algebra, S. K. Mapa
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
All queries may be sent to our email-id: .
Dr. Ashish Gupta: