Admission for the academic-year (2021-22)
Admission to PhD in the area of Nonlinear Dynamics (Nov-2021): Open for applications, click here to details
General admissions to PhD Programme: Selected List published
The following applicants are selected for admission into Ph.D Programme in Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics for the academic year 2021-22.
Instructions for taking Admission:
Last Date of taking Admission : Wednesday, 10 November 2021
- Pay the admission fees online from Admission portal. Payment can be found in Menu/Page ‘Application Status’.
Upon successful fees payment, the receipt can be downloaded from the portal. This is your fees receipt.
- The breakup of the fees components is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
- Download the Admission-cum-Registration form, duly fill it and sign it, take a soft-copy of this and email it to admission office () along with the soft-copies of all the applicable supporting documents/certificates mentioned in the Admission-cum-Registration form.
- NOTE: Remember to mention your name, Application No. and the ‘programme applied for’ in the email.
- Download the Physical Fitness Certificate form (to be submitted along with admission-form OR later when joining the programme in face-to-face mode)
- Submission of all applicable documents/certificates along with admission fee payment should be completed before the last date of admission.
Note: Admission would be liable to be cancelled if any of the eligibility criteria or mandatory requirements are not met by the applicant. Decision of the University’s authorities will be final in this matter.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to PhD in Mathematics programme at the Belur Campus.
- MSc in Mathematics. Students who have secured 60% or more till the end of their penultimate year of masters’ level studies may appear.
- Students should also have qualified at one of the following national level written examinations with the mentioned results:
- National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Junior Research Fellowship
- CSIR/UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship with Rank below 80
Exceptional students from other disciplines and/or exceptional undergraduates in Mathematics may also be considered, exclusively at the discretion of the Department faculty.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- (While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
- Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Application Status‘.
Last date to apply online : 30 September, 2021
Applicants with fellowships CSIR/UGC-NET JRF or NBHM JRF will be selected on the basis of a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the Department.
Date of Interview: to be announced
Mode of Interview: to be announced
NOTE: Only full-time scholars will be admitted for the PhD programme. No application for part-time PhD will therefore be entertained.
Fees structure is given on the page: PhD Fee Structure
Dr. Ashish Gupta: 77730 01281