- Admissions to MSc in Mathematics
- Placement Of MSc Students
- NBHM MSc fellowship awardees
- MSc Syllabus
The Department of Mathematics at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) runs two programmes
Syllabus of MSc Programme
The details of the MSc Mathematics curriculum can be found in our Syllabus Page.
BSc(Hons) in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics or BMath/BStat/BE/BTech to be completed by the end of the academic year in which the student appears for the examination. Students who have secured 60% or more (in honours subjects) till the end of their penultimate year of undergraduate studies may appear for the written examination. There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
Syllabus for Entrance Examination: Undergraduate level Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus.
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis, W. Rudin, TMH
- Mathematical Analysis, T. M. Apostol, Narosa
- Real Analysis, S. K. Mapa
- Topics in Algebra, I. N. Herstein, J. Wiley
- Abstract Algebra, D. S. Dummitt and R. M. Foote, J. Wiley
- Linear Algebra, K. Hoffman and R. Kunze, PHI
- Higher Algebra, S. K. Mapa