Name: Dr. Debaldev Jana
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics,
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI)
(since 8 November 2021)
Contact details: / ,
- 2013-2016: Post doctorate (Mathematical Biology), Visva Bharati University
- 2015-2016: Visiting Post doctorate (Plankton Ecosystem Modeling), Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology
Previous Work Experience:
Assistant Professor from 08.08.2016 to 05.11.2021 in the Department of Mathematics, SRM University, Kattankulathur-603 203, Tamil Nadu, India
Research Activities and Research Interests:
Research activities and research interests are in the area of Applied Mathematics with special reference to application of Nonlinear Dynamics in Biological Systems. Presently working extensively with Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs), Delay Differential Equations (DDEs), Difference Equations and Stochastic Differential Equations (SDEs), Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) and solving different ecological problems on different contexts. Presently I am involving with four major research activities:
- Finite time blow-up phenomenon of Ecological Models: Observation of temporal and spatio-temporal dynamics.
- Impact of age-selective harvesting on hilsha fish at Sundarbon Mangrove ecosystem on non-autonomous environment and this ecosystem’s food-web networking and
- Spatio-temporal dynamics of prey-predator systems under group defense of prey by making herd with different shapes and additional food to predator.
- Multimedia analysis of Indian classical dance: Bharatanatyam as a case study.
Ongoing Research Projects:
|Project Title||Granting Authority and Scheme||Duration||Amount (in Rupees)||Reference No. of the Sanction Order|
|1||Explosive predator and mutualistic preys: A comparative study of Pattern formation and the Turing-Hopf bifurcation before, on and after blow-up||Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support (MATRICS) by SERB, Govt. of India||2020-2023 (3 years)||6,60,000/-||MTR/2019/000788|
|2||Comparative study of the spatio-temporal variability on the dynamics of explosive food chain models: Mutualistic preys with restricted rowth rates and sexually reproductive generalist predator interaction as case study||Core Research Grant (CRG) by SERB, Govt. of India||2021-2024 (3 years)||20,46,000/-||CRG/2020/003479|
Invited Talks delivered:
(i) 83 rd Annual conference of Indian Mathematical Society-An International Meet, Sri Venkateswarar University, Tirupati, India-2017.
(ii) Marine Ecosystem Dynamics Research Group, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, Kanagawa, Japan, 2015.
(iii) Department of Mathematics, City University, London, 2013.
(i) Webinar talk, Department of Mathematics, ICFAI University, Tripura, 2020.
(ii) National Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation (MAS-2019), Department of Mathematics and Computing, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad.
(iii) Department of Mathematics, Tripura University (Central), Agartala, Tripura, India-2017.
(iv) Department of Mathematics, NIT-Agartala, Tripura, India-2017.
(v) One Week Workshop & Symposium on “Applied Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos” (ANDC-2014) during 26-31 May, 2014 under the TEQIP-II project (Faculty Development Program) at Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore, Murshidabad, West Bengal (Workshop) and Dumkal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Basantapur, Murshidabad, West Bengal (Symposium).
(i) International Conference on Nonlinear Dynamics and its Applications in Physical and Biological Sciences (CNDAPBS-14), 2014, Darjeeling, jointly organized by Darjeeling Govt. Collage and Bose Institute.
(ii) India Biodiversity Meet, 2013 at ISI Kolkata.
(i) UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Mathematics”, December19 – 20, 2012, organized by Vidyasagar University (Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming as a nodal department), Midnapore.
(ii) National Seminar on Mathematical modelling of Natural Phenomena – 2010 (NSMMNP – 2010) at Bose Institute, Kolkata, jointly organized by Indian Society of Nonlinear Analysis (ISNA) and Department of
Mathematics, University of Calcutta.
(iii) National Meet of Research Scholars in Mathematical Sciences, 2010 (NMRSMS) at IIT Madras, jointly organized by Department of Mathematics, IIT Madras and DST India.
(iv) National Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications : State of Art (NCMSA 2010) at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, organized by Department of Mathematics, in collaboration with Center for Mathematical Biology and Ecology, Jadavpur University.
Editorial Board Memberships:
- Computer Simulation in Application [Whioce Publishing Pte. Ltd.]
- Finance Forum [PiscoMed Publishing Pte. Ltd.]
- Ecology: An International Journal (ECOJ) [AIRCC Publishing Corporation].
- International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Science (IJBES, ISSN: 2394-0832) [AIRCC Publishing Corporation].
- Life Sciences: an International Journal (LSIJ) [AIRCC Publishing Corporation].
- Mathematical Modelling and Applications [Science Publishing Group].
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG) from 2013.
- Biomathematical Society of India from 2010.
Cultural Interests and Accomplishments:
Well-trained and accomplished Bharatanatyam (classical dance art form of the Southern part of India) dancer. Learnt Bharatanatyam under renowned gurus (teacher-guide-mentors) like Guru Kalaimamani Thanjavur Herembanathan Pillai, Guru Kalamandalam V. R. venkitt and Preetha Venkitt. Empanelled artist of ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India) and Doordarshan Television. Extensively performed at major festivals in India and abroad.
Google Scholar Link: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=P2aGDRwAAAAJ&hl=en
- N. S. N. V. K. Vyshnavi Devi, Debaldev Jana and M. Lakshmanan: Dynamics of a non-autonomous prey-predator model with age-structured growth in prey and predation of Beddington-DeAngelis type with reliance on alternative food. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences (SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (print): 0369-8203, ISSN (online): 2250-1762, IF: 0.681), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40010-021-00752-x
- Pankaj Kumar Tiwari, Rajesh Kumar Singh, Debaldev Jana, Yun Kang, Arvind Kumar Misra: A Nonautonomous Mathematical Model to Assess the Impact of Algae on the Abatement of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide. International Journal of Biomathematics ((SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (print): 1793-5245, ISSN (online): 1793-7159, IF: 0.846), DOI: 10.1142/S1793524521500595
- Saikat Batabyal, Debaldev Jana, Ranjit Kumar Upadhyay: Diffusion driven finite time blow-up and pattern formation in a mutualistic preys-sexually reproductive predator system: A comparative study. Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Volume 147, June 2021, 110929.
- N S N V K Vyshnavi Devi, Debaldev Jana: Impact of stochastic perturbation on the persistence and extinction risk of a multi-delayed prey–predator system in non-autonomous environment. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 7(2), 1241-1267.
- Soumen Kundu, Debaldev Jana, Sarit Maitra: Study of a Multi-delayed SEIR Epidemic Model with Immunity Period and Treatment Function in Deterministic and Stochastic Environment. Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (Scopus, ISSN (online): 0974-6870, ISSN (print): 0971-3514), https://doi.org/10.1007/s12591-021-00568-6
- N S N V K Vyshnavi Devi, Debaldev Jana: The role of fear in a time-variant prey–predator model with multiple delays and alternative food source to predator. International Journal of Dynamics and Control (Scopus, ISSN (Print): 2195-268X, ISSN (Online): 2195-2698), https://doi.org/10.1007/s40435-021-00809-0
- Saikat Batabyal, Debaldev Jana, Rana D Parshad, Aladeen Al Basheer, Ranjit Kumar Upadhyay: Pattern formation in an explosive food chain model: the case of “apparent” mutualism. The European Physical Journal Plus (SCI, SCI Expanded, SCOPUS, ISSN: 2190-5444, IF: 3.228), 136 (4), 1-28.
- Arthita Batabyal, Debaldev Jana: Significance of additional food to mutually interfering predator under herd behavior of prey on the stability of a spatio-temporal system. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (SCI, Scopus, ISSN: 1007-5704, IF: 4.115), 93, 105480.
- Debaldev Jana, Saikat Batabyal and M. Lakshmanan: Self-diffusion Driven Pattern Formation in Prey-Predator System with Complex Habitat under Fear Effect. The European Physical Journal Plus (SCI, SCI Expanded, SCOPUS, ISSN: 2190-5444, IF: 3.228), 135(11), Article number: 884.
- N. S. N. V. K. Vyshnavi Devi, Debaldev Jana and M. Lakshmanan: Interplay between reproduction and age selective harvesting delays of a single population non-autonomous system. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (online): 0975-7465, ISSN (print): 0019-5588, IF: 0.516), 51(4), 1857-1891.
- N. S. N. V. K. Vyshnavi Devi and Debaldev Jana: Impact of stochastic perturbation on the persistence and extinction risk of a multi-delayed prey-predator system in non-autonomous environment. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment (Scopus, ISSN (Print): 2363-6203, ISSN (Online): 2363-6211), DOI: 10.1007/s40808-020-01027-x
- Jai Prakash Tripathi, Debaldev Jana, N. S. N. V. K. Vyshnavi Devi, Vandana Tiwari and Syed Abbas: Intraspecific competition of predator for prey with variablerates in protected areas. Nonlinear Dynamics (SCI, SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (Print): 0924-090X, ISSN (Online): 1573-269X, IF: 4.867), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-020-05951-6
- Vandana Tiwari, Jai Prakash Tripathi, Debaldev Jana, Satish Tiwari, R K Upadhyay: Exploring the complex dynamics of a spatial predator-prey system: role of predator interference and additional food. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos (SCI, SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (online): 1793-6551, ISSN (Print): 0218-1274, IF: 2.145), 30(7), 2050102 (26 pages).
- Nilesh Kumar Thakur, Archana Ojha, Debaldev Jana, Ranjit Kumar Upadhyay: Modeling the plankton–fish dynamics with top predator interference and multiple gestation delays. Nonlinear Dynamics (SCI, SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (Print): 0924-090X, ISSN (Online): 1573-269X, IF: 4.867), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-020-05688-2
- Debaldev Jana, Ranjit Kumar Upadhyay, Rashmi Agrawal, Rana D. Parshad and Aladeen Basheer: Explosive tritrophic food chain models with interference: A comparative study. Journal of the Franklin Institute (SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN: 0016-0032, IF: 4.036), 357, 385-413.
- Saikat Batabyal, Debaldev Jana, Jingjing Lyu and Rana D. Parshad: Explosive predator and mutualistic preys: A comparative study. Physica A (SCI, Scopus, ISSN: 0378-4371, IF: 2.924),541, 123348.
- N. S. N. V. K. Vyshnavi Devi, Debaldev Jana: Shape effects on herd behavior in prey-predator interaction with multiple delays and alternative food source to predator in non-autonomous environment. International Journal of Applied and Computational Mathematics (Scopus, ISSN (online): 2199-5796, ISSN (Print): 2349-5103), 5: 162. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-019-0746-4.
- Debaldev Jana, G. P. Samanta, Ashok Mondal, Sudeshna Mondal, A. K. Pal and Debasis Manna: Explosive tritrophic food chain model with herd behaviour of prey and finite time blow-up of the top predator. International Journal of Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations (Scopus, ISSN (online): 1752-3591, ISSN (print): 1752-3583), In Press.
- N. S. N. V. K. Vyshnavi Devi, Debaldev Jana and M. Lakshmanan: Dynamics of a non-autonomous prey-predator model with age-structured growth in prey and predation of Beddington-DeAngelis type with reliance on alternative food. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences (SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (print): 0369-8203, ISSN (online): 2250-1762, IF: 0.681), In Press.
- Jyotiska Dutta, Debaldev Jana, Ranjit Kumar Upadhyay: Bifurcation and Bio-Economic analysis of a prey-generalist predator model with Holling type IV functional response and nonlinear age-selective prey harvesting. Chaos, Solitons & Fractals (SCI, Scopus, ISSN: 0960-0779, IF: 3.764), 122, 229–235.
- Debaldev Jana, Sachidananda Dutta, G. P. Samanta: Interplay between reproduction and age selective harvesting: A case study of Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha) fish at Sundarban estuary of northern Bay of Bengal, India. International Journal of Biomathematics (SCI Expanded, Scopus, ISSN (print): 1793-5245, ISSN (online): 1793-7159, IF: 0.846), Vol. 12(02), 1950023 (2019).
Complete list of research publication is in the CV