Admission to MSc in Mathematics for Academic Year 2023-24
Click here for 2nd list of candidates selected for admission based on CUET Score & RKMVERI Counselling
Applications are invited for admission to the MSc Programme in Mathematics for the academic year 2023-24 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- BSc(Hons) in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics or B.Math/ B.Stat/ B.E./ B.Tech to be completed by the end of the current academic-year or who have completed such courses during the previous year.
- Students who have secured 60% or more (in Honours/Major subjects) till the end of their penultimate year of undergraduate studies may appear for the entrance test. There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
- We will be following government specified policy regarding reservation.
How to Apply
- New applicants have to first register (https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission/register) on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card is available for download in the Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
Last date to apply:
15 May 2023 extended till 12 June 2023
Entrance Test : 18 June 2023; 2 PM
Mode of Entrance Test : Offline
Venue of Entrance Test :
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
- Students from outside West Bengal desiring to appear for the written admission test in venues near their places of residence may send a separate request by email to: . Arrangements will be made as far practicable to conduct their exams in the Centres of Ramakrishna Mission nearest to their place.
- All queries regarding the admission process may be emailed to
Syllabus for Entrance Test: Undergraduate level Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus.
Sample Question paper: Click here to view/download.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date and time of interview will be announced later.
Reference books for the Entrance Test
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis, W. Rudin, TMH
- Mathematical Analysis, T. M. Apostol, Narosa
- Real Analysis, S. K. Mapa
- Topics in Algebra, I. N. Herstein, J. Wiley
- Abstract Algebra, D. S. Dummitt and R. M. Foote, J. Wiley
- Linear Algebra, K. Hoffman and R. Kunze, PHI
- Higher Algebra, S. K. Mapa
Programme Fees Structure
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
Scholarship list, eligibility and details are given below. Almost all students get Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (given in the list) if other scholarships are not available.
Please, do not worry about financial support.
There will be no scholarship for admission fees or the hostel charges at the time of admission. Candidates have to pay the admission fee and hostel charges (if opted for the hostel) at the time of admission. On the basis of the student’s academic performance and economic background scholarship may be provided in the subsequent semesters. There are State and National scholarships. The Institute will try to ensure that most of the students having economic difficulty get some scholarship.
|Sl. No.||Scholarship name||Click here to know more|
|1||National Scholarship portal||Click here|
|2||Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses||Click here|
|3||National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students||Click here|
|4||Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child For PG Programs||Click here|
|B||State Government Scholarships|
|1||State – CS Post Matric Scholarship to SC/ST/OBC, Govt. of West Bengal||Click here|
|2||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means||Click here|
|3||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means (SVMCM) Minority Affairs||Click here|
|4||Kanyashree (K3) Prakalpa||Click here|
|5||For Student Credit Card||Click here|
|C||Other Scholarships (Private)|
|1||Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme||Click here|
|2||Priyamvada Birla Scholarship||Click here|
|3||Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship||Click here|
Student credit cards and loans are also available:
- Regarding Student credit card ( From State Govt.) please click on the link – https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/. Students have to apply by ownself and the Institution has verified the same.
- Regarding Student loans from banks, students can directly contact the bank.They will guide the process as different banks have different procedures and requirements of paper. We will process the requirements of the bank as per our Institution procedure.
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure is followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office). The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
All queries may be sent to our email-id: