Admission to PhD in the area of Nonlinear Dynamics, Dept. of Mathematics, RKMVERI for 2022
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for PhD programme in Mathematics to work on problems of Nonlinear Dynamics in the Department of Mathematics at Ramakrishna
Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (Deemed University) at the Belur Main Campus under the guidance of the following supervisor/mentor:
Name of the supervisor/mentor:
Dr. Debaldev Jana, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, RKMVERI.
Eligibility to apply for the PhD programme:
- First Class (60% or more) in M.Sc. Mathematics in any recognized University/Institute in India or abroad.
- Motivation for research and willingness to put in hard work
Candidates possessing CSIR-UGC NET / NBHM / INSPIRE Junior Research Fellowships will be preferred.
Area of Research:
Nonlinear Dynamics, Dynamical systems, Bifurcation-Chaos, Spatio-temporal dynamics, Nonautonomous Dynamical Systems, Numerical Simulation, Mathematical Biology.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- (While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
- Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Application Status‘.
- Last date to apply online : extended till 31 May, 2022
Applicants will be selected on the basis of a possible written test followed by a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the Department.
Date of Written test: to be confirmed / announced
Date and Mode of Interview: to be announced
NOTE: Only full-time scholars will be admitted for the PhD programme. No application for part-time PhD will therefore be entertained.
Fees structure is given on the page: PhD Fee Structure
All general queries to be sent to :
Only research related queries to be sent to: Dr. Debaldev Jana: