Admission to PhD in the area of Nonlinear Dynamics, Mathematical Biology in Dept. of Mathematics, RKMVERI for 2023
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for PhD programme in Mathematics to work on problems of Nonlinear Dynamics, Mathematical Biology in the Department of Mathematics at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (Deemed University) at the Belur Main Campus under the guidance of the following supervisor/mentor:
Name of the supervisor/mentor: Dr. Debaldev Jana, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, RKMVERI.
- MSc in Mathematics. Students who have secured 60% or more till the end of their penultimate year of masters’ level studies may appear.
- Applicants must have also qualified at one of the following national level written examinations with the mentioned results:
- National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Junior Research Fellowship
- CSIR/UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship
Exceptional students from other disciplines and/or exceptional undergraduates in Mathematics may also be considered, exclusively at the discretion of the Department faculty.
Area of Research:
Nonlinear Dynamics, Mathematical Biology.
How to Apply
- New applicants have to first register (https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission/register) on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when the dates for Admission Test / Interview are announced. Check the Website / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
Last date to apply online : 15 August, 2023
Applicants will be selected on the basis of a possible written test followed by a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the Department.
Date of Written test: to be confirmed / announced
Date and Mode of Interview: to be announced
NOTE: Only full-time scholars will be admitted for the PhD programme. No application for part-time PhD will therefore be entertained.
Fees structure is given on the page: PhD Fee Structure
All general queries to be sent to :
Only research related queries to be sent to: Dr. Debaldev Jana: